Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Photo Fiasco and First Book Review: "Felt, Fabric, and Fiber Jewelry" by Sherri Haab

OK, I'm trying out the new draft option on the dashboard.  I thought I just didn't know what I was doing when I posted for the first time with photos and my photos ended up at the top and my text wasn't quite where I wanted it to be!  So..gotta love the internet...I put the question out there about the photo fiasco and found plenty of tips on how to arrange your photos exactly the way you want them.  Using the new draft button is the one I'm trying out today.  Let's see if it works...

     I never create anything exactly like the projects I see in books and magazines.  Instead, I am so incredibly inspired by other artist's work. I look at their creations and immediately my brain starts thinking "Ooo I could make it this way" or "I have that vintage lace that would look great on this."

My first review is on one of my favorite craft books-EVER.  It's a beauty by Sherri Haab entitled
 Felt, Fabric, and Fiber Jewelry, 20 Beautiful Projects to Bead, Stitch, Knot, and Braid.  Let's check out a few of my favorite Sherri projects.
    Yay! Looks like this is working!
     I am a lover of fibers, felted sweaters, luscious threads, fabric and jewelry.  Beads and chains aren't really my thing but add some fabric and fibers and I'm sold.
     All kinds of flowers are the rage these days-crochet 'em, felt 'em, sew 'em, stitch 'em-they are all appealing to me.  I love the colors, textures and bling-filled centers.  Sherri's book has a number of flowers for you to test.
This little stitched flower is a ring.  Love that!  Be sure to check out the crochet flowers, hooked flowers and felted flowers which appear on the front cover.
     I am also passionately fond of cuff bracelets.  I guess I see them as a blank canvas with endless possibilities.  Make them plain, with lace, beads, sequins, you name it.  They can be dressed up or dressed down and can match whatever outfit you choose for the day.  Sherri has included a number of cuffs in the mix.

 There are necklaces, bracelets, brooches and rings included in Sherri's 125 page book.  Make charms, Yo Yo necklaces and even make some braided jewelry, as well.  There are lovely colored photos of each project.  Check it out.  I think you will love it!

OK, hold your breath.  I'm going to click on "publish" and hope everything is arranged just like it is in draft.  Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment