Tuesday, January 24, 2012

American Sewing Expo


>




I attended the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan again this year.
and had a crazy fun time.  There are numerous classes and workshops that you can take, plus there are rows of vendors with all kinds of sewing and crafty goods that beckons you.   After being home with said boy, I felt I finally had the freedom to check out the Expo again.  Crafting and sewing changed quite a bit over those 7 or so years since I was away.  There was not as many "craft" workshops and vendors selling "craft" patterns.  Patterns have become more utilitarian and clothing oriented.  There are more garment sewing classes and fewer classes on how to make stuffed snowmen.  I'm not a garment sewer but more of a crafter so my view  on the Expo has changed a bit. Nevertheless, I still managed to find three make-and-take workshops I couldn't live without and I spent more than a couple of bucks at vendor booths!  It's not just classes and vendors that  suck me in though, it's the free demos on sewing gadgets, all of the sewing machine companies are present and there are pile of fabrics, notions and books begging to be purchased.  It's simply sewers heaven!
   Some of my favorite vendors included those that sold beads, silk flowers, fiber artists and smocking. Check out the zipper flowers that were made by those of us who attended the class.


3232.jpg" width="320" />And, of course, you can't forget the amazing quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment